Application Eligibility and Rules
- The applying game start-up (the applicant) must be a registered company in Hong Kong with a history of no more than 8 years, as at the application deadline.
- The applicant must have less than 20 full-time employees.
- The applicant should have developed a new game and the game should be 90% completed and have room for modifications before market release to enhance its quality and profitability before market release.
- The applicant must apply for the Scheme with a new game and declare in the application form that the game has not been released commercially in any market before.
- Participants from the previous edition of the Scheme are also encouraged to apply for the Scheme. (Please specify the game submitted to the Scheme use game elements/intellectual property rights of previous works)
The Scheme has a quota for 12 start-ups, which will be selected by an assessment committee comprising experts in the game industry and academia.
- Vetting to shortlist for interview: Among all collected application forms, the assessment committee will select the eligible companies to advance to an interview according to a series of objective criteria.
- Vetting interview to select participating companies: The assessment committee will conduct interviews with finalists, which shall introduce and display the submitted new game on site and present a marketing plan for the game.
Vetting criteria are:
- Market potential of the new game
- Creativity of the new game
- Performance of the new game
- Quality of the new game
- Marketing plan of the new game and its expected outcome
- Marketing experience of the participating company
The applicant is required to note the following:
- The applicant must carefully read the Application Guidelines before filling in the application form.
- The application form must be completed on a computer before being printed, signed, stamped and submitted online.
- A valid Hong Kong business registration certificate must be submitted together with the online application.
- The applicant must submit a new game in its application, and the game should be available for release after 1 Apr 2022. The applicant shall provide a trial/test version of the game for the reference of the vetting committee and/or submit a Powerpoint/video showcasing the game’s current test version for more than 1 minute. The document should be saved on a secure cloud platform (e.g. Google Drive and Dropbox). A URL linked to the downloading site of the file should then be listed on the application form so that the Association can take further actions.
- A promotional campaign of the new game (with a budget no less than HKD 550,000) and its expected outcome must be submitted; selected companies shall later implement the promotional campaigns agreed by the assessment committee to promote the new game.
- The promotional campaign needs to include no less than $60K “art technology element” such as Augmented Reality (AR), (Virtual Reality) VR, (Extended Reality) XR, and real time animation technology.
- The completed and signed application form must be submitted to the online registration system on the official site along with other attachments by 1 1 Feb 2022 (Fri) 5:30pm. Late submissions will not be accepted.