- The applying game start-up (the applicant) must be a registered company in Hong Kong with a history of no more than 8 years, as at the application deadline.
- The applicant must have less than 20 full-time employees.
- The applicant should have developed a new game available for release on or after 1 September 2020. The game should be 90% completed and have room for modifications before market release to enhance its quality and profitability before market release.
- The applicant must apply for the Scheme with a new game and declare in the application form that the game has not been released commercially in any market before.
- Participants from the last edition of the Scheme are also encouraged to apply for the Scheme. (Please specify the game submitted to the Scheme use game elements/intellectual property rights of previous works)
The Scheme has a quota for 12 start-ups, which will be selected by an assessment committee comprising experts in the game industry and academia in two rounds of vetting.
- First round of vetting to shortlist the finalists: From all collected application forms, the assessment committee will select the eligible companies for the second round of vetting according to a set of objective criteria.
- Second round of vetting to select the participating companies: The assessment committee will conduct interviews with the finalists, which shall introduce and display their applying new games on site and present a marketing plan for their applying games.
Vetting criteria of the two rounds of vetting are:
- Market potential of the new game
- Creativity of the new game
- Performance of the new game
- Quality of the new game
- Marketing plan of the new game and its expected outcome
- Marketing experience of the participating company
The applicant is required to note the following:
- The applicant must carefully read the Application Guidelines before filling in the application form.
- The application form must be completed on a computer before being printed, signed, stamped and submitted online.
- A valid Hong Kong business registration certificate must be submitted together with the online application.
- The applicant must submit a new game in its application, , and the game should be available for release on or after 1 September 2020. The applicant shall provide a trial/test version of the applying game for the reference of the vetting committee and/or submit a 1-minute or above PowerPoint/video showcasing the game’s current test version for consideration. The files should be saved on a secure cloud platform (e.g. Google Drive and Dropbox). with the URL for downloading the files clearly marked in the application form so that the Secretariat can take further actions.
- A promotional plan of the applying new game (with a budget no less than HKD 500,000) and its expected outcome must be submitted together with the online application; selected companies shall implement the promotional plan campaigns approved by the assessment committee to promote the new game in later stage.
- The completed and signed application form must be submitted to the online registration system on the official site along with other attachments by 18 May 2020 (Mon) 5:30pm. Late submissions will not be accepted.