- The game start-up must have been registered in Hong Kong in not more than 8 years ago on the date of application deadline.
- The company must have less than 20 full-time employees.
- The company should have produced a new game available for release from 1 September 2019. The game should be be 90% complete and have room for modifications before market release to enhance its quality and profitability.
- The participating company must apply the Scheme with a new game and declare in the application form that the game has not been released commercially in any market before.
The program has quota for 12 start-ups, which will be selected by an assessment committee comprised of experts in the industry and academia in two rounds of vetting.
- First round of vetting to shortlist the finalists: Among all collected application forms, the assessment committee will select 20 companies to advance to the second round of vetting according to a series of objective criteria.
- Second round of vetting to select participating companies: The assessment committee will conduct interviews with finalists, which shall introduce and display the submitted new game on site and present a marketing plan for the game.
Vetting criteria of the two rounds of vetting are:
- Market potential of the new game
- Creativity of the new game
- Performance of the new game
- Quality of the new game
- Marketing plan of the new game and its expected outcome
- Marketing experience of the participating company
The company is required to submit the following information:
- The applicant must carefully read the Application Guidelines before filling in the application form.
- The application form must be completed on a computer before being printed, signed, stamped and submitted online.
- A valid Hong Kong business registration certificate must be submitted.
- A new game of the company, which should be available for release from 1 September 2019, must be submitted for the application. The company shall provide a trial/test version of the game for the reference of the vetting committee and/or submit a Powerpoint/video showcasing the game’s current test version for more than 1 minute. The document should be saved on a secure cloud platform (e.g. Google Drive and Dropbox). A URL linked to the downloading site of the file should then be listed on the application form so that the Association can take further actions.
- A promotional campaign of the new game (with a budget no less than HKD 500,000) and its expected outcome must be submitted; selected companies shall later implement the promotional campaigns agreed by the assessment committee to promote the new game.
- A completed and signed application form must be submitted to the online registration system on the official site along with other attachments by 17 May 2019 (Fri) 5:30pm. Late submissions will not be accepted.